JINR has bilateral agreements, protocols, and other documents on cooperation with about 700 institutions in 60 countries. The Institute also has extensive collaboration with international centres
JINR has special agreements concluded with:
- UNESCO (United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization),
- CERN (European Organisation for Nuclear Research),
- CLAF (Latin-American Centre for Physics),
- ICTP (International Centre for Theoretical Physics) and research centres in France, USA, Japan and other countries.
) in the field of theoretical physics, heavy ion physics and condensed matter physics;
in the field of high energy physics;
(France) in the field of nuclear and particle physics;
(France) in the field of radionuclide metrology;
(Italy) in the field of nuclear and particle physics;
) in the field of condensed matter physics.
JINR also cooperates with institutions and research centres in Russia:
- IHEP (Protvino),
- Russian Research Centre "Kurchatov Institute",
- ITEP (Institute for Theoretical and Experimental Physics),
- INP (Institute of Nuclear Physics, Moscow),
- INP (St. Petersburg Nuclear Physics Institute),
- BINP (Budker Institute of Nuclear Physics, Novosibirsk) and other research centres.